As a co-founder of Caspian Media, I helped launch some of Britain’s biggest business events: the Growing Business Awards, which is a joint venture between Real Business and the CBI: the First Women Awards; the Women of the Future Awards; Investec Mid-Market Summit; Human Capital Awards, as well as many Real Deals-branded events.
I’ve created, hosted, judged and spoken at dozens of conferences, awards and events, such as:
- Vuelio Blog of the Year awards (2016)
- Women of the Future Awards and Summit (2005-2016)
- British Health Journalism Awards (September 2016)
- Investec Mid-Market Summit (November 2014: watch the video)
- Inspiring Entrepreneurs series at the British Library Business & IP Centre (2006-2015). Here’s a video of me interviewing MOBO Awards founder Kanya King.
- Judge Business School Cambridge Centre for Entrepreneurial Learning – live, on-stage interview with Spotify investor Shakil Khan (September 2014)
- Building British Business conference series (2014)
- November 26, 2013: keynote speaker and panel moderator at Enterprise Tuesday, held by Cambridge Judge Business School’s Centre for Entrepreneurial Learning. Fellow speakers: Maria Kempinska, founder, Jongleurs; Rob Forkan, co-founder, Gandys Flipflops; Andrew Laughlan, strategic partnership director, blur Group. Nice picture here, courtesy of Andrew.
- November 25, 2013: judged the annual British Credit Awards, with the Institute of Credit Management.
- November 19, 2013: chaired the British Library’s “Inspiring Entrepreneurs” event, “In the Den with the Dragons” with Doug Richard, Kelly Hoppen MBE and Piers Linney. The event was simulcast to eight cities and broadcast live on the web.
- November 18, 2013: hosted the launch of Global Entrepreneurship Week with Business Secretary Vince Cable, investor-entrepreneur Luke Johnson, Beyond the Classroom founder Amma Mensah, Roberta Lucca of Bossa Studios and Gandys co-founder, Rob Forkan.
- November 13, 2013: hosted the annual Women of the Future awards, in association with Shell. The event was attended by Speaker of the House John Bercow, double Olympic gold medallist Dame Kelly Holmes, founder Pinky Lilani OBE and more than 450 guests.
- November 13, 2013: part of the Ambassadors’ group that greeted HRH the Duke of Edinburgh to the British Library Business & IP Centre.
- October 17, 2013: inaugural British Library BIPC ambassadors forum, with fellow ambassadors Lord Bilimoria, Doug Richard, Tim Campbell, Stephen Fear and Shazia Awan. Our vision: to make the Business & IP Centre (now in six UK cities) the clear first port-of-call for anyone wishing to start their own business.
- October 14, 2013: my video advice on how to put together a great awards submission, for the British Credit Awards, which I’m judging in 2013 for the third year.
- September 20, 2013: hosted the “Building British Business” event, bringing together entrepreneurs for a half-day on how to engage with customers in a volatile, digital world. Speakers included Shutl CEO Tom Allason, Lord Leigh of Hurley and Daily Telegraph deputy editor, Ben Brogan. Watch the video here.
- September 16, 2013: I chaired the “Marketing Maestros” event at the British Library, part of the “Inspiring Entrepreneurs” series, supported by Barclays. Speakers included King of Shaves founder Will King; JoJo Maman Bebe founder Laura Tenison; and Jo Fairley, co-founder of Green & Blacks (chocolate heaven). The event was simulcast to Manchester, Leeds, New York and Johannesburg.